Skip to main content

To .... Shopping wopping ho gayi????

For those who have been out of touch with the events in the world that are effecting everything from the sensex bull run, the Indian Cricket team's loss right upto the instability of the UPA government, I am getting married on the 25th of November 2007. So shopping should supposedly be my top priority right now. However, I have managed to wash my hands off it except for the farments which need to fit me and need my measurements. So I am off the hook for quite a few decisions and 'to do' lists.
I pitty Shveta however. She has to make choices that need to be acceptable to one and all. right from her mummy, my mummy, her sister, chacha, mama, phupha and even the shopkeeper. I think marriage is the most interesting time in a girl's life. How much ever I try to think from her perspective, I will never unerstand the way she feels. Its a mixed feeling of leaving you parents for good and feeling bad about it while at the same time feeling good about the fact that you will be spending the rest of your life with the person you love. There are apprehensions about the new family you wil be joining. And the icing on the cake is 'expectations'. My dog is the only creature who doesnt have any expectations from Shveta...not at least that I know of!!!
It is one of the two things only a woman can handle (other being motherhood). I salute all the women of the world for this ...and a 21 gun salute for Shveta.

PS: I know this post has been off mark and directionless but right now all my thoughts funnel down the same way...to wedding and what Shveta must be going through.

Comments

Kiran said…
Hi Laukik,

Al always, in this post too I loved your style of making your point loud and clear through humour :). And yes, definitely agree that women probably go through a lot more emotions than we men do during wedding time.

I join you in saluting all the women in this world!

Popular posts from this blog

What (not) to expect from a politician

  The photo has no real significance to the subject being discussed :-) Off late, I have seen a lot of my friends venting their anguish against politicians. Many of them expected the politicians to behave more responsibly, discipline the public on dos & don'ts of COVID precautions, get national priorities right and basically change the society to which they belong and are elected representatives. I think this bunch has wrong expectations from the wrong group of people. Here is why - A politician's entire existence is centred around election victory. Winning an election is their Key Performance Indicator (KPI). A consistently losing politician who is not making any effort to come to power, is not even a politician. Acceptance from society, popularity and majoritarian view are the fundamental characteristics of a politician. They have to operate within the limits of these fundamentals to maintain their existence. Isn't that why we always refer to successful politicians a

How to change flat ownership in GHMC records

It's been close to a year since we bought a new flat in Hyderabad. It has been one hell of a learning exercise for the sheer amount of paper work and procedures it involved before, during or after the purchase. Buying a house in Hyderabad has been an exciting and taxing journey, so far. All through this journey, I had a desire to document my experiences so that it would help others who wished to be helped. But luck, laziness and life kept me away from this. However, I'll at least start now with an account of what needs to be done to change the ownership records in GHMC [Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation]. The first time it struck me that I need to do this is when I received a property tax notice addressed to the previous owner of the flat (we made a second hand purchase). All along I thought once I had registered with the land records department, the government would take care of updating all other records. I was so wrong! So, I rushed to the nearest Municipal Citizen

The 2 Business Ideas

I had twitted about 2 business ideas and had promised the details would be on the blog. So here goes... JustGoa - See a different Goa every time I have been consulted at least about 15-20 times by different people for their leisure trips to Goa. This idea is a fallout of the experiences. This is a Goa specific travel company. I know there are hordes of Goan tour operators. But this one is with a different marketing strategy. This sort of concentrates on repeat business. The tours are thematic. Some of the themes would be - Chillax Religious Eco Celebrations (Weddings, Anniversaries, Receptions) Corporate (Conferences, team building exercises, product launches) The main thrust should be on maintaining the visit history of the tourists and ensuring they do not get bored with repeat visits. Aligning Marketing with capacity for special programs in monsoon, around long weekends etc. will definitely bring in a new angle to this business. 10ant.com I am not sure if there is anything like t